Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feast of Mercy

If you but knew the gift of God.
Our Lord told St. Faustina that on the Feast of Mercy, "...are opened all the floodgates through which graces flow."  It is as if Jesus, "on the last and greatest day of the festival" cries out:  "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me; let him drink who believes in me.  Scripture has it: 'From within him rivers of living water will flow.'" - [John 7: 37-38]

"If only you recognized the gift of God, and who it is that is asking for a drink... Whoever drinks the water I give him will never be thirsty; no, the water I give shall become a fountain within him, leaping up to provide eternal life." - [Jn 4: 10-14] 

Can anyone of us ever be satiated and refuse to come to him?

"Blood and water flowing forth from the side of Christ, I trust in you."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails