Friday, October 8, 2010

Jesus: the Facts of the Matter

"And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."
~Luke 1"35

 Yesterday, I woke up thinking of how my youth is gone and how many of my dreams will never come true. I thought of what I did not have instead if what I do have, a dangerous thing to do at any time but almost fatal first thing in the morning. I felt sad, as if my heart was breaking. Then I thought of Jesus. He died young. He died a horrible death, a criminal's death. He was hated. He was poor. His life was hard. Yes, He was the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, a sublime reality which nobody appreciated or understood, except  for His Mother, who knew the Scriptures well. "With thee is the principality in the day of thy strength: in the brightness of the saints: from the womb before the day star I begot thee." (Psalm 109:3) All the majesty was hidden, though, to be manifested only on occasion. His Apostles, His friends and companions, thought only of earthly glory, of the restoration of the Israelite Kingdom. They soon found that the real Kingdom was hidden and that the path to it was through the harsh realities of exile and/or death. So when I want my kingdom to be here, when I become greedy for the happiness of this world, I have to remind myself of what it is really all about.

3 comments:

Julygirl said...

I agree. That is why someone like St. Therese is so awe inspiring....her depth of understanding and wisdom while still in her 20's!! Instead of focusing on loving God with all our heart, soul and mind, and loving our neighbor as ourself, and praying that our soul not fall into damnation.....we focus on other wants and desires.

May said...

So true... this brought tears to my eyes. (I myself am going through an upsetting, frustrating time.)

elena maria vidal said...

We'll pray for each other!

Related Posts with Thumbnails