Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Tiny Brush

Sancta Sanctis discusses the analogy which St. Thérèse of Lisieux used to describe herself.
Reverend Mother, I am a tiny brush whom Jesus has chosen to paint His likeness in the souls you have entrusted to me. An artist has several brushes. He must have at least two. The first and most useful puts in the ground tints and very quickly covers the whole canvas; the other is much smaller and fills in the details. To me, Mother, you are the valuable brush held lovingly in the hand of Jesus when He wishes to accomplish some great work in the souls of poor children; I am the very tiny brush He uses afterwards for the unimportant details.

-- St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus in The Story of a Soul

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thank you for the link, Elena! =)

By the way, I think your new 'blog is lovely. I'll definitely be back again even though I am not a Carmelite.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love your new blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails