Friday, September 23, 2022

Novena to Our Guardian Angels

Here is the novena to our Angel Guardians in preparation for their feast on October 2:
O holy angels, whom God, by the effect of His goodness and His tender regard for my welfare, has charged with the care of my conduct, and who assists me in all my wants and comforts me in all my afflictions, who supports me when I am discouraged and continually obtains for me new favors, I return thee profound thanks, and I earnestly beseech thee, O most amiable protector, to continue thy charitable care and defense of me against the malignant attacks of all my enemies. Keep me away from all occasions of sin. Obtain for me the grace of listening attentively to thy holy inspirations and of faithfully putting them into practice. In particular, I implore thee to obtain for me the favor which I ask for by this novena. [Here mention your need(s).] Protect me in all the temptations and trials of this life, but more especially at the hour of my death, and do not leave me until thou hast conducted me into the presence of my Creator in the mansions of everlasting happiness. Amen.
Artwork: Juan Antonio Escalante, An Angel Awakens the Prophet Elijah (c. 1667)

4 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

With Michaelmas, St. Therese's memorial, and the Feast of the Guardian Angels so close together, I'm having to come up with a strategy to make sure each novena gets its own special time.

So I'm doing St. Therese in the morning, St. Michael after evening Mass, and the Guardian Angels at bedtime! (Well, approximate times . . . =P)

elena maria vidal said...

Sounds like a good plan. It really is a season for novenas, isn't it? But then, the need for intercessory prayer seems greater than ever.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the Guardian Angel Novena reminder. I agree, we need these prayers, and our angels more than ever.
Great blog!

elena maria vidal said...

Thank you, Guy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails