Friday, October 14, 2011

Prayer Tips from the Carmelites

I found these suggestions worth pondering:
  • Take a line from the liturgy of the day and repeat it during the day – a new line every day. The responsorial psalm and the Gospel Acclamation theme are good ones to use.
  • Let a spiritual thought from a hymn or a book or Mass be as background music in your mind during the day.
  • Take a holy card (or picture) of Christ and place it where you can see it so that you may think of Him.
  • Make a spiritual communion every hour. I set the stop watch I use.
  • Fix your inward gaze upon Him amidst your occupations.
  • Find a “trigger moment,” such as putting your keys on the desk; turning off the computer, or laying out clothes for the next day that can serve as a reminder to take a moment for short prayer.
  • Instead of a coffee break, take a short prayer break. In the mid-morning or mid-afternoon, get up and move into a different space and think of God.
  • I think of God every time I look at a watch or clock.
  • I sing hymns in my heart during the day.
  • Make Spiritual aspirations during the day. (Read entire post.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails