Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Mt. Carmel Novena, Day 6 -- "The Mystical Rose"

"Hear me, ye divine offspring, and bud forth as the rose planted by the brooks of waters. Give ye a sweet odor as frankincense. Send forth flowers, as the lily...and bring forth leaves in grace, and praise with canticles, and bless the Lord in his works." Ecclesiasticus 39:17-19

Carmel means "garden of God." Mt Carmel in ancient times was covered with flowers, and so became a figure of feminine beauty. "Thy head is like Carmel....How beautiful art thou, and how comely, my dearest, in delights." (Canticle of Canticles 7:5-6.) The rose has become a symbol of the beauty, love, joy, and sacrifice
of the Blessed Virgin, just as the lily is the symbol of her purity. "Mystical Rose" is one of her titles in the Litany of Loreto. The rosary, the favored prayer of Heaven's Queen, comes from the Latin word rosarium or "rose garden." The glory of God's creation is only a shadow of the spiritual realities which we cannot see, but which we can mystically possess even in the present darkness.

Mystical Rose, pray for us!

Novena Prayer to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel:

O most beautiful Flower of Mt Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this my necessity, there are none that can withstand your power.

O show me herein you are my Mother.

Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us that have recourse to thee. (3 times)

Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. (3 times) AMEN.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I love the title-Mystical Rose-it is so very beautiful! The picture with your post is beautiful as well!

Julygirl said...

Yes, thanks for this Novena, my favorite, because it is during my birth month!! I find it particularly special

elena maria vidal said...

Happy Birthday, July Girl!

Small One said...

Love love love Our Lady of Mt Carmel and especially under this title Mystical Rose. She is so exquisitely beyond beautiful. I often wonder what it would be like just to hear her sweet voice. Sometimes I ask Jesus to allow me to hear the beating of His Mother's heart. But for now I must content myself with only the hope of it. Thank you for your beautiful blog!

elena maria vidal said...

Thank you, Mari Kate, for your kind words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails